3104 Herdsman way.
Raleigh, NC 27614
Home: (919) 521-5419
Summary of qualifications
• Demonstrated ability to perform multi-faceted tasks involving detailed strategic planning and performance
• Flexible, self-starter with competence to lead or work as a productive member of a team
• Strong work ethic and aptitude to perform responsibilities with diverse workforce
Associate’s Degree of Graphic Design1992 Cairo, Egypt
• Medical Billing and Coding Certificate 2009 Raleigh, NC
• Bank Teller Training 2004 Raleigh, NC
HEALTH PORT (UNC HOSPITAL) medical recordRelease of InformationSPECIALIST 02-08-2010 to PRESENT
•Completes release of information requests including retrieving patient’s medical chart and returning chart
• Scanning medical record accurately and correctly and transmitting daily, according to requests, established procedures, and established standards of quality and productivity.
• CANCER CENTER OF NC Receptionist / scheduler 10-04-10 Raleigh, NC
• Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
• Answers all incoming calls; assesses caller’s needs and directs to appropriate personnel.
• Pages clinic personnel as appropriate.
• Obtains and communicates messages in an accurate and timely manner.
• Schedules new patients and return appointments in computer system in accordance with physician and/or office
• Cancels/reschedules appointments according to physician schedule changes
• Notifies appropriate clinic personnel.
• Obtains and enters all authorization and correspondence relating to referrals in patients charts and computer.
• Maintains physicians' schedule: on call, vacations, meetings, etc.
• Schedules outpatient appointments/testing and hospital admissions upon request.
• Obtains necessary pre-certification as required.
• Handles new patient referrals, gathers necessary information, assigns the patient account number and schedules
• Collects co-pays, deductible and other out of pocket amounts at time of visit.
• Maintains primary office scheduling book containing all physician meetings, satellite schedule, and rounding and
• Handles incoming phone calls from patients needing to schedule or reschedule appointments.
• Provides patients with accurate and legible appointment cards.
• Documents' no shows in patient's chart for missed visits.
• Follows up with patient to reschedule any missed appointments.
• Arranges for patients to have financial counseling as needed.
• Demonstrates an understanding of patient confidentiality to protect the patient and clinic/corporation.
• Follows policies and procedures to contribute to the efficiency of the front office.
• Covers for other front office functions as requested.
• Prepares correspondence, memos, forms and other typing as requested by supervisor.
Ladies and Gentlemen Magazine - Cairo, Egypt Graphic Designer 1996 - 2001
• Responsible for front page design and layout.
• Assisted in the training new employees.
• Facilitated positive customer relations.
• Designed all promotional displays.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Adobe Photo Shop, CAD, Freehand.