10801 Atticus Road Apt 101
Raleigh, NC 27614
INOVA HEALTHCARE SYSTEM Falls Church, VA October 2002-April 2004
Surgical Scheduler Coordinator
- Coordinated and arranged surgery dates according to patients, physicians, and hospital availability. Entered all related data into computer system, contacted physicians and patient with dates and times of surgery. Insured all consent forms are signed.
- Obtained medical authorization from insurance companies. Maintained telephone and fax triage. Answered telephone calls from patients, physicians, hospitals, and insurance companies.
INOVA HEALTHCARE SYSTEM January 1995-October 2002
- Managed telephones and fax triage, communicated with referring physicians. Ensured complete and accurate data entry of patient demographic and verified current insurance information. Communicated with insurances companies to obtain authorization for patient’s medical treatments. Assembled and maintained patient’s medical records.
- Worked with insurance and workman-comp representatives to obtain authorization for out-of-network services.
INOVA HEALTHCARE SYSTEM May 1984-January1995
Medical Office Assistant
- Performed the tasks of greeting patients and scheduling appointments. Performed responsibilities of registering patients by following the protocols of the organization. Responsible for checking and verifying the accuracy of medical record and insurance information of patient. Perform essential clerical tasks like faxing, e-mail, and data entry
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height. Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician. Collect blood, tissue or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing
Associate in Applied Science Degree May 2014
Wake Technical Community College Raleigh, NC