Office Manager/Administrative Assistant
TERRY T. PICKETT
Executive Administrative Assistant/Office Manager with an absolute passion for organization, a firefighter, a communication extraordinar, a collaborator, someone who thrives on energy and enthusiasm, can be obsessive with attention to details, a multi-tasker who has strong interpersonal skills and a go-getter by nature. Demonstrated strength in working with customers, maintaining strong relationships and thrives in a fast-paced setting.
Strong office computing skills – Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Windows XP, Internet, Oracle, CMS Supervisor, Tigers Ordering System, Quicken, P-Card, EPro, PeopleSoft, Adobe Acrobat. Experienced with domestic and international travel arrangements. Typing speed of 85 wpm with data entry skills exceeding 15,000+ kph.
Dassault Systemes Simulia – Cary, NC 8/4/09-Present
Senior Administrative Assistant/Office Manager
- Manage all aspects of executive calendar with scheduling, travel arrangements, meeting logistics, conference calls and web-ex.
- Manage travel schedules and expenses for the SIMULIA R&D Lead Customer Projects Director as well as other office personnel.
- Prepare expense reports for Director as well as other office personnel which is saving valuable time for them and allows them to be more productive.
- Plan and execute employee events and volunteer activities for the DS Cary office internally as well as off-site. These activities include coordinating items in November for the Food Bank of North Carolina, our Thanksgiving Potluck Luncheon and in December for Toys for Tots as well as any other worthy organizations that are in need of donations throughout the year.
- Maintain the ordering of general office and coffee supplies as well as being responsible for the Corporate Purchasing Card.
- Organize the ordering of food from outside vendors for training or other SIMULIA events.
- Responsible for arrangements of all group meetings with regard to setting up the meeting room either with the video conferencing system or through the web-ex. Handle logistics for Corporate All Hands presentations to ensure that any issues before the meetings begin are addressed and the meetings can start on time and efficiently.
- Assist with any facilities/maintenance issues in the building related to heating, air conditioning, restrooms, parking, security and other areas. Requests and issues reported to landlord in a timely manner and followed up on to the benefit of all SIMULIA personnel.
- Work closely with DS Americas Corporate and landlord to ensure the yearly office lease is renewed timely.
- Maintain all office equipment such as postage machine, fax machine, copiers and printers.
- Communicate with counterpart at SIMULIA headquarters regarding any necessary paperwork, HR related items, corporate related items.
- Coordinate all visitor arrangements regarding logistics for office space, communications and any other requirements to make their visit with us pleasurable.
- Work directly with the DS NAM Accounting Team on invoices related to phone, postage, rent and electricity for the DS Cary office to ensure all invoices are paid through the Corporate E-Pro system.
5/2009 – 7/2009
Contractual assignments as Executive Administrative Assistant/Office Manager
- Managed day-to-day activities for the President as well as general office responsibilities.
- Assisted the VP of Finance/Chief Accounting Officer with records management/accounting issues.
- Provided tutoring to HR Professional in all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Managed all aspects of the Vice President’s calendar with scheduling, travel arrangements, meeting logistics, phone screening, and conference calls.
Motorola Good Technology Group – Research Triangle Park, NC 5/2006 to 2/2009
Executive Administrative Assistant to VP, Sales & VP, Channels
- Managed all aspects of executive calendars with scheduling, travel arrangements, meeting logistics, phone screening, and conference calls.
- Managed travel schedules and expenses for AT&T BU Team.
- Managed the device allocation inventory for field seeding.
- Managed the process for organizing monthly and quarterly business reviews.
- Prepared expense reports for VP’s which saved valuable time and allowed them to be productive. Prepared purchase requisitions; processed invoices; tracked deliveries and payment status.
- Coordinated annual business planning sessions as well as drafting the physical business documents.
- Coordination of group meetings and activities on-site as well as off-site.
- Assisted the Motorola University Sr. Learning Consultant with compiling training evaluation data from student satisfaction surveys providing averages and graphical distributions.
- Supported RTP site of approximately 25-30 people with valuable assistance by showing them how to navigate within the Motorola websites and resolving procedural issues.
- Collected daily call activity which assisted management to understand staffing levels and build go-to-market plans.
- Monitored and supplied the ordering of general office and coffee supplies as well as being responsible for the Corporate Purchasing Card.
- Organized the ordering of food from outside vendors for training or other Motorola events.
- Assisted with security badges to employees and issuing temp badges when needed. Maintained a log.
- Distribution of mail as well as post office pick up and deliveries.
- Assisted with any facilities/maintenance issues in the building.
- Assisted other Motorola employees with shipping and receiving using on-line company shipment process.
- Maintained all office equipment such as fax machines, copiers and printers.
Community Leadership & Involvement
Coached USAV Junior Olympic Volleyball
National USAV Scorekeeper – currently head scorekeeper for UNC and Duke Volleyball teams
Special Olympics World Games