Gregory K. Simmons
510 Tilden Street-Raleigh, NC 27605
Office Assistant IV, North Carolina Disability Determination Services 09/10-09/13
- Provided office assistance to SSDI, SSI and Medicaid Examiners and Physicians with processing of claim documentation
- Maintained Claimant information, events on ASD400 Federal System
- Contacted Claimants regarding upcoming medical and psychological appointments
- Answered questions from incoming calls from claimants, vendors, clinics and medical staff
- Was responsible for maintenance of Vendor vouchers for payment
- Scanned medical records for use in the SSA's E-records system
Administrative Assistant to Dean, St. Augustine’s University 01/10-09/10
- Provided support the Office of the Dean and to various LAE Department Chairs.
- Prepared, edited and proofed documents produced by and for faculty, staff and students.
- Prepared of Division reports, Division Event Calendar.
- Maintained office supply inventory.
- Faxing, copying, and scanning Department materials. Provided file maintenance. Prepared expense and travel reports.
- Arranged travel, seminar and other events as needed. Organized class and event activities.
Senior Administrative Human Resources Secretary, Giant Eagle Corp. 09/08-05/09
- Provided administrative support to the Director, Retail Human Resources, the Divisional HR Manager, two regional HR Manager and Store HR Managers Company-wide.
- Prepared confidential documents, worksheets, collective bargain agreements.
- Assisted in the processing of employee grievances, lateral store transfers, and staffing requests.
- Made all business trip arrangements.
- Responsible for Department payroll timekeeping.
Legal Secretary/Word Processer, Reed Smith, LLP, Pittsburgh, PA 07/99-10/03
- Provided legal (floater) secretarial for large international law firm.
- Created and revised Pleadings, Briefs, Orders of Court for various departments.
- Background with litigation, insurance defense, labor/employment law, intellectual property, product liability and other areas.
- Medical Secretary II, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Dept. of Ophthalmology,
Dept. of Hematology/Bone Marrow Transplant, Pittsburgh, PA 1/92-01/98
- Prepared physician correspondence, examination reports, transcription, memoranda,
manuscript submissions to such professional periodicals as Blood.
- Prepared travel, lodging and other arrangements for Departmental Faculty.
- Prepared, revised and proofread of educational materials used for the Hematology-
Immunology Block in the School of Medicine.
- Daily patient contact concerning Clinic appointments, prescriptions and general
- Made necessary arrangements for meetings of the Lions Club of Western Pennsylvania.
University of Pittsburgh, part-time student 01/93-05/96
West Virginia Business College, Morgantown, WV. Paralegal Studies 06/90-07/91
Long Island University, Brooklyn, NY. General Studies 09/85-05/87
Naval School of Health Sciences "Corps" School. 12/83-09/84
MS Office with a proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Access Also PeopleSoft 9.0 and other timekeeping software. Typing 50-60 wpm.