Graphic Designer/Creative Director
3208 Bellenden Pl | Raleigh, NC, 27604 | 407-924-9911 | email@example.com
Galanova, llc Wake Forest, NC
Graphic Designer, Assistant
July 2010 - Present
- Use computer software to generate new images.
- Confer with supervisor to discuss and determine layout design.
- Develop graphics and layouts for company logos, marketing materials and websites.
- Maintain archive of images, photos, or previous work products.
- Draw and print charts, graphs, illustrations, and other artwork, using computer.
- Research new software or design concepts.
- Maintain and schedule multi-tiered projects using scheduling and project sharing software.
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type.
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts.
- Review final layouts and suggest improvements as needed.
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with supervisor and making necessary change.
- Prepare layouts for printer.
- Maintain and schedule social media sites for company and customers.
- Write copy for website, print collateral and social media for company and customers.
- Handle multiple projects while maintaining deadlines.
- Design vinyl graphics for windows, vehicles and signage.
- Edit and correct photos for concept and use in printed materials and internet.
- Design, build, or maintain web sites, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media.
- Perform or direct web site updates.
- Write, design, or edit web page content, or direct others producing content.
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, and correct problems or refer problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
- Analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Incorporate technical considerations into web site design plans, such as budgets, equipment, performance requirements, or legal issues including accessibility and privacy.
- Respond to user email inquiries, or set up automated systems to send responses.
- Develop web site maps, application models, image templates, or page templates that meet project goals, user needs, or industry standards.
- Identify or maintain links to and from other web sites and check links to ensure proper functioning.
- Register web sites with search engines to increase web site traffic.
- Write and update SEO on managed websites.
- Provide clear, detailed descriptions of web site specifications for programming.
Gallagher Promotional Products
October 2005 - June 2010
- Create designs and layouts based on customer input while staying within product limitations.
- Determine size and arrangement of copy, and select style and size of type.
- Create template library for custom products.
- Research new software or design concepts.
- Work with other designers to develop marketing materials.
Freelance Graphic Designer
July 2002 - October 2005
- Worked with the Orlando Sentinel to develop advertising materials for customers.
- Worked with Concord Property Management to create a book for all managed properties. Work directly with customer to develop concept for book. Responsible for layout, illustrations, organizational system, table of contents, photography, photo correction, and all aspects required to create a complete book that would showcase the properties.
- Worked for Valentine Property Management to create flyer templates. Responsible for measuring office spaces accurately and creating drawing to scale drawing of each office for the flyers.
- Worked for OrlandoCityBeat.com writing articles from interviews business owners and personal reviews of local venues.
- Worked for New Homes Magazine writing articles on interior design from interviews with local designers and research.
Winter Park High School
Winter Park, FL
High School Diploma, May 1996
- Graduated with honors.
- Took upper level and college level classes in mathematics, science, English, history, language and art.
University of Florida
BA Fine Arts-Graphic Design, May 2002
- Did a two-year concentration of classes focused on graphic design concepts and technical skill development for print and web design.
- Took extra classes in printing, drawing, sculpture, art history, psychology, mathematics, biology, economics, creative writing and French.
- Experience using Adobe CS 6 and lower. Including Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Dreamweaver, and GoLive.
- Experience using WordPress to maintain content on sites with custom templates and functions.
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Publisher to develop templates and self-printed marketing materials.
- General HTML coding knowledge.
- Experience using Powerpoint to create templates.
- Experience using basic video editing programs to create video clips and slideshows.
- Knowledge of both Mac and PC platforms.
- Skilled at maintaining good customer and vendor relationships.