7 years’ experience as a top-ranked retail district manager
919.345.6418 | 4149 Willow Haven Court, Raleigh, North Carolina 27616 | firstname.lastname@example.org
DISTRICT MANAGER – Blockbuster 2006 – May 2013
DISTRICT TRAINING STORE MANAGER – Blockbuster 1998 – 2006
STORE MANAGER – Blockbuster 1995 – 1996, 1997 – 1998
Managed 8 different districts in the last 7 years as a district manager, with full P&L accountability for up to 31 stores at a time in North Carolina and parts of Virginia (including the largest district in the entire country for much of 2012). Regularly selected to take over underperforming districts and quickly turn them around. Key achievements include:
Sales, Profit and Key Performance Metrics
- Consistently ranked in the top 10% nationwide on the monthly total performance scorecard.
- Consistently ranked in the top 10% nationwide for promotional sales initiatives.
- Consistently ranked in the top 3 in the region (10-12 districts) and top 25% nationwide for profit (EBITDA).
- Ranked 1st in the company for revenue-to-budget in liquidation stores – the only district to top 100%.
- Ranked 1st in the company during an 8-week revenue drive in the spring of 2013.
- Ranked 1st in the region for revenue-to-budget in 2012.
- Ranked in the top 10% of the company (up to 115 districts) for loyalty subscriptions for the last 2 years.
- Achieved a major shrink reduction in a challenging district, improving from 1.6% to 0.7% from 2009-2010.
- Awarded for the biggest shrink reduction in the 130-store region as a store manager in 2002.
- Ranked 1st in the region for mystery shop scores in 2003 – achieved a perfect 100% in 10 of the 12 months.
- Recruited and hired 100+ store managers, assistant store managers, shift leaders, and associates.
- Trained 20+ new store managers (and external DM hires) while serving as district training store manager.
- Mentored, developed, and promoted 10+ assistant store managers to store manager positions.
- Selected to facilitate leadership development workshops for store managers and assistant managers.
- Developed a customer feedback program that led to improved employee recognition and engagement.
- Visited stores across the region to reset stores and raise visual standards as part of a merchandising team.
- Oversaw the store that was selected as the visual model for all other stores in the region.
- Selected by the regional director to set up a model store in Washington DC for store managers in that area.
- Developed a monthly merchandising overview that was adopted throughout the region.
- Remodeled 50 stores, opened 1, and relocated 1; completed all projects on schedule and budget.
- Created a marketing tool for store liquidation sales that was rolled out nationwide.
- Designed numerous sales and coupon materials that were implemented across multiple regions.
- Created weekly and monthly SM performance reports that were utilized in several other districts.
Early career positions include general manager of Discovery Zone and area supervisor for Little Caesars
View LinkedIn profile for recommendations from past supervisors and peers:
Bachelor of Science Degree, State University of New York at Brockport