Medical Administrative, Medical Receptionist
Howard Cory McGirt
4315 Lead Mine Road, 12-E, Raleigh NC 27612
Objective: To apply skills learned within the domain of Health Science in the area of medical administration. .
Skills: Patient Documentation & Records
• Process patient’s medical records.
• Organize and maintain patient payment records.
• Submit Medical claims for services that patients receive.
• Transcribe medical dictation, letters, and ancillary service reports.
• Review and code Medical documentation.
• Understanding of HIPAA standards.
• Processing new/established patient cases.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
• Proficient Medisoft EMR Program
Billing & Coding
• Schedule patient appointments.
• Process mail and correspondence.
• Complete insurance forms using ICD-9 and CPT codes
• Insurance policies and procedures
• Claim and Document processing
• Answer phones and return calls
• Greeting patients and performing check in
• Listen to the needs of the patient with understanding.
Education: A.A.S. Medical Administration 4/2011
ECPI College of Technology Raleigh, NC
Internship: Something to Smile About 2/2011-4/2011
Keishar R. Brown, D.D.S Raleigh, NC
· Process mail and correspondence
· Claim and Document processing
· Greeting patients and performing check in
Experience: Dillard’s Department Store 2009-present
Fragrance Specialist Raleigh, NC
· Manage the fragrances courtier by mounting the sales for the day
· Maintain courter appearance with stock and visuals
· Work as part of a team of four people to plan activities and events to help reach our goals as a team.
The Budd Group 2006 – 2009
Security Officer /Supervisor Raleigh, NC
· Supervise training for several contract sites with officers.
· Schedule coverage and process payroll to home office.