I am a Biologist with a PhD in Plant Genetics, with more than ten years of experience in Molecular Biology and Plant transformation. I had produced rice transgenic plants with resistance against the White Leaf Virus, and found two genes for the flowering response to photoperiod in the common bean. My passion is to improve crops for a better world for people.
- PhD in Plant Genetics with emphasis in Plant Physiology
- Hands-on experience in Plant Tissue Culture and Plant Molecular Biology techniques, including DNA-RNA extraction, PCR, RT-PCR, Southern blotting, cloning, creation of chimerical gene constructs, and plant transformation via Agrobacterium and micro-particle bombardment.
- Extensive experience in phenotypic and molecular characterization of transgenic plants
- Extensive experience in basic Bio-informatics and DNA and protein sequence analysis
- Experience working cooperatively within interdisciplinary groups
- Ability to work and think independently and as part of a team
- Bilingual: English and Spanish.
- Ability to contribute to manuscript preparation, write and make oral presentation of
- PC literate (MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, Endnote, and SPSS)
Should you agree that my background is a good match for your requirements, I would welcome the opportunity to meet you. I can be reached at (919) 601- 7265 or firstname.lastname@example.org/ email@example.com
Thank you for your consideration.